Teal is a startup that allows SMB neobanks and vertical SaaS companies to build integrated accounting products for their small business customers. Our mission is to build a profitable business, and our strategy is to win with boring competence.
Our product consists of REST APIs and documentation that our enterprise customers use to build accounting solutions for their small business customers.
We’re hiring back-end engineers to support the development and deployment of our product. Our approach is to use modern languages and infrastructure to build our product simply. We currently use Python, FastAPI, React, Next.js, PostgreSQL, Docker, and Amazon CDK.
We are a fully remote team working from Canada and the US. This role mostly involves working from home, with occasional travel to offsites a few times a year.
We’re looking for people of exceptional competence. If this is you, and you want to work on the future of embedded fintech products, please apply.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and develop new features that extend the capabilities of our current platform
- API implementation for a distributed cloud platform
- Build out our next generation deployment pipeline and infrastructure
- Communicating your ideas through design documents and documentation for other engineers
What you bring to the table
- Strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying distributed API systems
- Experience with AWS CDK, Terraform, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work asynchronously
- Experience with Python
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience deploying applications to the AWS cloud
- Canada: $250k-275k CAD salary, plus stock options. No additional benefits.
- USA: $190-$210k USD total compensation, with a choice as to how you allocate between salary and benefits. Plus stock options.
More about Teal:
Teal embeds accounting seamlessly into the UX for small business neobanks and vertical saas platforms, increasing stickiness, adding incremental revenue, and fundamentally making them the center for an SMB’s financial decisions.
Teal was founded in 2023 by Ian Crosby, formerly Head of Financial Services at Shopify and co-founder/CEO of Bench Accounting, the largest SMB bookkeeping service in America.
Teal is backed by venture capital from General Advance, Basis Set Ventures, Torch Capital, and Dash Fund.
Teal has a simple, no-frills culture. Our talent strategy is to offer high compensation and attract exceptionally competent people.